Sunday, November 30, 2014

Writing, writing

I dusted off the prequel to the long story I just completed and just about doubled its length. It still works as a standalone but it works even better, imho, as the prequel that it is. Adds dimension to the characters and all.

Both have been submitted for potential publication, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Took a week off from writing while I was visiting my grandparents since I was working hard to get some things done for them that they are no longer capable of doing for themselves. Now I'm working on another story I abandoned years ago and so far that seems to be working out fairly well for me. I may need to go back and do some revisions to the beginning of it since the more I get into this thing the more convinced I am that I had no bloody clue where I was going with it when I started it. :3

On the up side, I added over 700 words to my outline and finally have a reasonably good idea of how this puppy is going to end. Or more accurately, how it's going to climax. The end-end is still somewhat eluding me but I've got a ways to go before I have to deal with that. ^^;

On the down side, I still suck at writing smut. -__-

1 comment:

  1. I find writing the final ending is often the most aggravating experience in the whole writing process. Seems like yours may be the smut XP

    Good job keeping up the writing - sometimes it's super hard to keep going after a rough patch/dry patch of no writing.

    (Sixpence)

    ReplyDelete